Initially incorporated in 2003 as a mechanical & electrical contracting business, Emtec Group are now established in the UK Marketplace as a leading contractor for the construction and building services industry. This Health and Safety Policy Statement recognises the obligations placed on Emtec Group Companies under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
This policy statement and associated health and safety documentation detailing the means of implementing the policy are applicable to Emtec Group and its operating businesses. The following companies operate as part of the Emtec Group:
- Emtec Group Management
- Emtec Building Services
- Emtec Building Services (North)
- Emtec Core & Protect
- Emtec Energy
- Emtec Facility Services
- Emtec Fire Systems
- Emtec Property Services
- Emtec Solutions
Emtec Group regards the occupational health and safety of all employees, of any contracted or temporarily engaged employees, sub-contractors and all members of the public affected by its operations as being of paramount importance.
It seeks to ensure that health and safety risks are minimised throughout the organisation, to enlist the active support of all staff to provide safe and healthy working conditions and to develop a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation based on the following principals:
- The Health and Safety Policy is the direct responsibility of the Managing Director of each Group Company and it will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that the Policy remains relevant to the Emtec Group.
- This policy is the direct concern of every employee. The SHEQ Manager has ultimate responsibility for formulation and development of the policy. Responsibility for implementation rests with line management and individual employees.
- Emtec Group will ensure all employees and contractors engaged in work activities associated with the company will receive the relevant and appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to protect their health and safety.
- It is the policy of the Emtec Group to seek the continual improvement of the Health and Safety Management System and its health and safety performance and to prevent accidents by the systematic identification of hazards and the adequate assessment and control of risk to which employees and others may be exposed.
- To instil a culture whereby employees are openly encouraged to report hazards, including near misses, without fear of reprisal to ensure the root causes of accidents are identified thus enabling measures to be put in place to eliminate recurrence.
- Commitment to consult with employees on issues relating to occupational health and safety through the formation of Emtec Group SHEQ Committee.
- Develop and promote positive health policies across all Emtec Group companies.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory, legislative and any other relevant requirements.
- Provide a framework for setting and reviewing Occupational, Health and Safety targets and objectives.
- Emtec Group are committed to maintaining ISO45001:2018 certification.
The Health and Safety Policy Statement is consistent with Emtec Group policies and is available to members of the public and other interested parties on request.